Monday 14 March 2016

Short

Cuts.

I really hate the use of the word "hacks". Life Hacks, i-phone Hacks and the yukkiest of them all, Mom Hacks. Totally foul. And most of the bloody mom hacks are things like ways to get your daily cleaning duties done faster so you have more time to make yourself look beautiful for your husband. Did those poor suffragettes burn their bras for NOTHING? 

As it happens, I don't mind the sentiment of making life easier. I'd much rather call it a short-cut though. Also most of the life (shudder) hacks (vomit) require a hand-made element whereas I prefer to keep my involvement in all household matters to an absolute minimum. 
My favourite shortcut is this: if you aren't lucky enough to have a live-in chef, do not waste your sweet time cutting up vegetables or herbs. Don't even bother keeping them fresh in the fridge. Buy them a) ready chopped and b) frozen or freezable. Do not punish yourself by limiting this practice to the usual peas and sweetcorn. Do it for all non-salad vegetables. This is a sample selection of the huge range I have in my freezer at the moment:
 

 
 


And if you have time to judge me sista, you have time to come over and peel and crush my garlic yourself. The door is always open. 





No comments:

Post a Comment